Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Me

Well here is a little update on myself, which I have never done before. I have not really told very many people about what has been going on with me the last few months, I was kind of hoping that things would just subside on their own. Unfortunately that will not be happening any time soon. So here goes, in the last 8 weeks I have been diagnosed with 7 UTI's (bladder infections), have been on 11 different antibiotics and by about 5pm I am pretty much out of commission for the rest of the day. I know I probably sound dramatic, but I can't begin to describe how worthless I have felt since January. Poor Jeff is picking up all of the slack for what I am not managing to do. So anyway, I went in for a CAT scan yesterday and found out that I have a pretty large kidney stone in my left kidney, I guess this has been the cause of my misery. I am still not feeling that confident that this is my only problem, I guess we will see. So I am going in on the 10th for Cystoscopy and from there I will have a Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy .  What a Lithotripsy does is blast the stone into small enough pieces that they will come though on their own, in hopes that no surgery will be needed. I have heard of people who have had kidney stones and the pain they are in when they pass them. I had not heard of the situations where a kidney stone is too large to pass and the pain that causes and potential harm to your kidney.  So that is what I have been dealing with lately, if anything changes I will post about it. Thank you everyone for your concern for me. I feel lucky to have so many wonderful friends!

20 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

oh my! hope that thing will work. its hard to be a mom when you feel like crap. hope everything goes well. keep us posted. and your sisters hair clips are so cute. and LOVE the pictures of Elle. miss you!!

Jen and Joe. said...

Ohhhh, Kelly! I'm SO sorry! I'm so so so so sorry!

When I was a freshman in college, I had kidney stones...seven in all. So I LITERALLY feel your pain.

When they offer the pain killers, my best advice is to take them. =) You'll be a better mother for it.

Good luck! And just think--it'll be over soon!

We're thinking about you!

Unknown said...

Kel! My goodness! At least they figured out what is wrong. How long do they take to pass?

Destiny Rayburn said...

wow, that sounds like tons of fun!!! i'm super jealous... =) i'm sorry babe, that is so awful. hopefully everything will work out and you'll be great again. i'll keep you in my thoughts. xoxo!

Dana said...

Kelly I am so glad you at least know what is causing you so much pain and trouble. I hope all goes well with the passing of this stone and you aren't in too much pain. Let me know what I can do to help you :0)

k.young said...

That is awful. I have had kidney stones on two different occasions and they are so bad. I can't imagine this situation. I am so sorry to hear that. But hopefully now they know what is wrong, they can fix it and get things better for you!

Jennie said...

You will be in our prayers Kelly!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

OH MAN!!! My goodness Kelly, I hope you can get better soon! I'm glad you at least figured something out!! Keep me posted, and let me know if there is anything i can do to help!! see you this weekend (I hope). feel better!!
--Oh, and I saw your other post about elle eating markers...you know my brayden eats EVERYTHING..just this morning he bit the tip of a pink marker and had ink EVERYWHERE. They are silly kids!!

Amy said...

Im so glad they figured out the cause! I hope your feeling better soon. I'm SOOO sorry!

Lance and Becky said...

Kell, my goodness, I'm so sorry! I wish you were closer, I would take Elle for you all the time! I've heard what pain those little suckers are! I'm sooo sooo sorry! I love Elle's bow's though, they are darling, and I still need to get my butt in gear and send you some! I love you, and I'm so sorry! If there's anything I can do, let me know :)

The Richards in Canada said...

Wow, Sam's dad has had a kidney stone the size of the tip of his pinky. He's now had 2 or 3 of the laser treatments you're talking about. You poor thing, At least thye know now! Wish we were there to help!

Christine said...

Oh My Gosh! I am sooo sorry! Bladder infections are the worst too. I'm so sorry to hear that it's worst than that though. I feel for you. That is one thing that I would never want-and would be scared to have! Too bad you don't live close by so I can help! I don't even know how you're functioning!

Maigen said...

Oh my gosh! I hope everything works out okay, without too much more pain. I am so sorry. Love you.

Miller Family said...

I'm sorry you have to go through this Kel!!! You are in my prayers. I'm just glad they found out what it is and hopefully that is all it is! Can't wait to see you next weekend!

Taryn said...

Kelly, I hope all goes well-I'll be thinking of you. Keep us updated on how you're doing.

Court and Britt said...

Oh I am sorry to hear that, those are not fun at all. I hope it gets better SOON!!

Anson Gessel Pho+ography said...

Oh My.. Sorry Kelly. Sorry that you have to go through this. Yucky! Good luck with everthing. love ya AMY

JR and Brynn said...

I am so sorry that you are going through that. I had chronic UTI's for a period years ago and it is awful. I am soooooo sorry b/c I really do know how horrible that is. It is incredibly painful. I hope things get cleared up. Keep me posted for sure. I will pray for you. Stay pushy with your doctors and make sure you get the care you need. THat is my only advice...I have had to be really stubborn with doctors, but you deserve to know what is wrong and to feel normal again. Love you so much.

ashley marie said...

I'm sorry to hear all of that, very sorry :(

I just got over a bladder infection and I can't imagine having multiple since January. Ask them when you start to pass the stones if you can get an epidural :)

Nicole said...

Kelly!! Good luck! We are saying prayers for you, that is NO fun!!! Hope everything turns out okay and you feel better soon!!!!
Love ya