I am requesting the help of anyone out there who was had their child figure out how to escape from their crib. I don't care if you don't know me and happen to stumble across my blog, if you have any ideas please help me. Here is the catch, NO I am not ready for a big kids bed, I feel that life would be over as I now know it. SO please I am begging...
18 comments:
Oh my dear Kelly. Austin did this and he thought it was so funny, I on the other hand, did not:(
Go buy a crib tent/cover. It's a net material that plays like a see through tent. easy to put on. Worked for me! Just zip them up, it's great:) HAhahA
Miss you. AMY
PS. Babies R Us sells them, just ask. Good luck.
Oh honey, I'm so sorry.
We tried EVERYTHING and Ian STILL escaped....so we were FORCED to move to the big boy bed. The adjustment didn't take as long as we thought, and now we don't have to lug around the pack and play anymore.
THOUGH....After he learned how to get out of the crib, we had a period where he COULDN'T get out of the pack and play...SO you might try that. (And since it's closer to the ground, it's not THAT big a deal if she gets out of that once).
I have heard of people using crib tents...although, I have no experience with one...once my kids started climbing out of the crib I moved them right into their toddler beds. It takes a couple nights of training but they usually get the idea of the routine quick...at least my kids did. Keep me posted!!
Kelly, Ella climbed out of her crib one night and we were in serious panic mode and then she hasn't done it since and it was about a month ago. SO...maybe she'll forget...who knows! We just got lucky...but what worked for us was LOTS of prayer. We worried about her falling or something and thankfully she never attempted again.
I have no suggestions, at all. sorry. I like amys though :) so you have blogged a lot since I last saw! first- markers makes me laugh she is funny- syd likes to color on herself. Also you do have the cutest hair things in the world! I always tried to get inspiration from them!Kudos to Linds I made some flower ones today, ironically. Hey where does Lindsay get the clips? I found them easy in UTah, but can't find them here- maybe she can help me find them?? what are the clips exact name? Lastly- I'm so sorry you are sick, I wish I would have known sooner! I hope hope hope nothing is painful for you anymore!! You are in our prayers!!
I had the same problem with Alexis and we had to buy the crib tent. I didn't want to but it was the ONLY way to keep her in her bed. I'm pretty sure that I got mine at babies R us too. It was totally worth it because I was worried she was going to break her neck or something!!
I am going to be in Denver for a couple days around May 10th for Kami's bridal shower, I would love to see you!!
Kelly, I think once they learn to climb out, there is no going back. :) We didn't move Carter into a regular bed for a while though. He did okay climbing out so I wasn't too worried. But that is the worst when they figure that out!
i know this is rude, but you could just let her climb out. but put a lock on her door so she cant get out. she'll eventually fall asleep on the floor or something. gavin used to do this. but he decided that after a few nights, he would rather stay in the crib to sleep. thats the best i can do! sorry! :)
Yes! Buy the crib tent! It works! Our daughter was climbing out at 9 months old, and I was so not ready for her to have a real bed. The tent is a bit pricey, but it worked, and she actually ended up loving it, and would get mad if we forgot to zip her in! :)
Yes, do avoid the big girl bed as long as possible. We didn't sleep forever when we switched. I'm so sorry about your kidney stone. That sounds so painful. I will be thinking about you on the 10th.
Hey thanks everyone! We made a crib tent thing, I did not know you could buy them! SWEET! I will be trying that, I do like the lock on the door idea-whatever saves your sanity hahaha! I love you all!
Hello Evers Family! I'm glad I found your blog and see what's going on with you guys. We hope to keep in touch! -Demings
Kelly! I haven't left a comment for you in a while. Good luck with the crib thing! It's not that tough to put them in a toddler bed, or just keep them in the crib and let them climb out. I use the door lock system and it works great.
I'm sorry about the kidney stones. I hope everything is going well with that.
We really need to get together. Maybe the zoo or the park since it's so nice outside.
the crib tent II is DEFINITELY the way to go. I bought one for Boston before he even figured out how to get out. You need to get one ASAP so that she doesn't get used to climbing out. It was like 70 bucks which was way higher than I thought it would be and Joe threw a fit so my advice is to buy it when Jeff isn't around. But Boston will sleep in his tented crib until I have another child!!! -- OH there's even a way to lock the zipper from the outside so that if they figure out how to unzip it you can still 'lock' them in. Amazing :)
When are you coming to Utah again?? I want to get together with you while you're here!
crib tent? crazy... I had never heard of that! Glad I know for future references. Kell are you feeling any better? Please keep us posted, being sick SUCKS! I know I shouldn't say that word now that I am a Mommy, but it does. Miss you!
Kelly, I had to delete my last post so it also deleted your email address. Email me again at jenniferwinder@gmail.com. Also, I need your email address so I can invite you to my, now private, blog.
Kelly,
I'm so glad that you want to take the time to see me when you come!!! I am up for anything. I will take as much time as you will give me! Maybe you could email me and we could plan something that way!
Post a Comment