Dinner in a Pumpkin
1 Med size pumpkin
1lb hamburger-browned
1can cream of chicken soup
1can water chesnuts
1can mushroom slices
1cup cooked rice
2Tbls brown sugar or to taste
2Tbls soy sauce or to taste
onion-optional
Directions
Hollow out pumpkin. Brown ground beef in large skillet, then add remaining ingredients. Empty skillet contents into pumpkin and place pumpkin on a cookie sheet with the top on the pumpkin. Cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until pumpkins is golden. If over cooked the pumpkin will start to lose it shape. If you can try and find a pumpkin with a cute stem too. I always do everything to taste and add or omit whatever you don't like. It is such a beautiful centerpiece too!
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta:
1 pkg. (16 oz.) penne pasta, uncooked
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, cubed
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
ground nutmeg/salt/pepper to taste
** I added roasted pumpkin chunks to the pasta
COOK pasta as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, place cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter and milk in large saucepan; cook on low heat until cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently. Add pumpkin and spices; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. ADD pasta; toss lightly. Serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Festive Pumpkin Dip
12oz cream cheese
3/4cup canned pumpkin
2Tbls taco seasoning
1/8 tsp grlic powder
2/3cup chopped bell pepper
1sm can diced olives (optional)
Directions
Beat together first four ingredients. Stir in bell pepper and olives. Chill until served
10 comments:
Yum! Thanks for sharing, I love new recipes and I am totally going to try that pumpkin pasta. I remember having your dinner in a pumpkins at a relief society dinner.
Kelly, I miss you! I can't believe you got braces, that's so funny, because I'm going to the ortho in about a week to see if I need to get them on again. Hey, was the pencil thing right???
thanks! I love this dinner, and I lost it in the move...can't wait to make it!!
Hey thanks for sharing! Sound yummy. Hey girl, I think you look H-O-T with braces and your tiny prego tummy... Seriously:)
Are we ever gonna play?:)We should meet halfway for lunch sometime. Let's just plan a date...let me know when works for you and let's do it! Where are your new living quarters??
um yum! adam loooves the foods this time of year. too bad we're so far apart. we could chow down!
Fun recipes! I remember your pumpkin dinner and it was awesome! That pasta sounds so interesting i will have to try it...
Ok, I seriously miss you! I wish we lived next to eachother again.Remember when we would sneak into the apartment pool and lay out.Good times. I bet you are happy you are having another girl. I was. And you don't have to go broke by buying new clothes. How are you feeling?
Yay! Kelly, this reminds me of our great Halloween party we threw. We were wild! You are so talented and awesome. I miss you like crazy. I am so excited for Lindsey...give her my love and best wishes. I want to see all the pictures of her wedding.
I made your Dinner in a Pumpkin the last two Halloweens. I think it is great and is so cute. Everyone loves it. Thanks for sharing it at Enrichment.
I hope you are feel okay.
It's crazy to think it's been a year since we had dinner in a pumpkin with you guys at the Mathisons and were just getting to know you. We're so glad we met you and have become such good friends!
Post a Comment