Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Sledding with Russ

My brother Russell was just called to serve an LDS mission in San Bernadino CA. He is leaving on December 17th, but will be heading to the MTC in Utah in a week. We are so proud of him and this decision he has made. We think he will be a fantastic missionary and are excited to see the changes and growing up he will do throughout the next two years. The part that is the most sad for me is that he will not get to meet our newest addition until she is two years old and wont see Elle again until she is in kindergarten. Elle has a special relationship with Russ and I know she will miss him! I can tell this is all starting to sink in with him as he is trying to spend some quality time with everyone and do his favorite Colorado activities one last time. Today he and Elle had a blast sledding!











10 comments:

Sonnie and Ryan said...

I didn't know he was going to San Bernadino!! I love that place, I visited there once or twice when I was a teenager. I am so excited for him!!
Elle's hat is so cute!

Stacey said...

I can't show Scott his post because he will be SO jealous Elle gets to play in snow...

nathan said...

haha so cute. I love her hat. and that is so cool about Russ! Congrats. isn't it weird to try to think about what your kids will be like when they get home-so weird...cant even imagine it really. How cool! Crazy he only has a week. He will be amazing. Lucky people in CA!

JR and Brynn said...

Yay! Congratulations, Russ! This is an amazing year for your fam with another granddaughter coming, the wedding of the century, and a missionary leaving. Wow! All our good wishes to you guys. LOVE the Santa Claus pics of Elle. So darling. She is adorable! A pink doctor? :)

Sassy Rachel said...

Kelly! She is too cute! I want to see you again-how are you feeling? Oh you're so darling. I need a baby update:) Merry Christmas!

Jill Walker said...

Russell is going on a mission, no way!!! Wow am I feeling old. I can still remember him running around my house wreaking havoc and that just seems like a few years ago! That is so cool he is going on a mission, and yes he will grow. We have seen so much of that in Daniel.

Betsy said...

Hey! I need your address! Please email it to me: betsymciff at hotmail dot com

Hope you guys have fabulous holiday plans! We are headed to Cali on Friday...yipee warm weather!

Christine said...

That is so exciting that he's going to California! I can't believe how old he is. Kelly, when are you moving to Utah??????? Or even to visit????????

Rachel and Dennis said...

What a cute blog! I finally figured out how to do the whole blogging thing (well sort of). Dennis and I are still in Provo and are excited to tell you that we're expecting. I'm due on June 10th. We don't know the gender yet, but we can't wait. Good luck with everything in your pregnancy and if you want, our blog is rachelanddennis.blogspot.com. It's very basic, but you should check it out sometime.

TR said...

Have you decided on a name yet? I like Alice and Claire. We still haven't settled on a name either so if you have any BOY name suggestions, send them my way!