Thursday, January 08, 2009

Baby E Update

I just wanted to write a quick update on our little miss. I had my 37 week appointment yesterday and, things are not quite as we expected. Yes she is still a she, but she has not figured out exactly how to turn just yet. Actually she has been breech since 18 weeks, only now it is kind of a problem. We talked with my doctor about all of our options and both Jeff and I feel really good about him and all of the information he has given us. I just want to make sure we make the best, and most educated decision we can for our little one. SO unless she changes her position in the next couple of weeks it looks like we will be having a scheduled cesarean in a little less then two weeks. On the bright side, she seems to be doing really well and they have estimated her weight at 7 lbs already- little chub! We are so excited and can hardly wait to meet her!

13 comments:

k.young said...

How exciting that she will be here so soon. C-sections are hard, from what I hear, but whatever is best for your little one and you, it doesn't matter!
Have you picked a name yet?

Unknown said...

Hey Kel! My mom told me about you today. I totally understand the whole c-section thing. I think it would be much better to have a scheduled c-section over a c-section after hours of labor. It would be a quick delivery, but the recovery is a lot longer than a normal delivery. My cousin's baby was head up so the doctor did some things to get the baby to go head down and then the baby was facing the wrong direction so the doctor turned the baby by grabbing his head and turning it. She was still able to have a normal delivery. Call me anytime if you want to know more about c-sections! GOOD LUCK!!!

The1stdaughter said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! I'm so excited for you! And as a side note, I had a c-section with Jace and now will with Eden and wouldn't do it any other way. Of course I don't know anything different, but I was fine the very next day and up and going like normal within a couple of days. I am very much of the opinion that whatever is best for you and the baby is the best option. So good luck and you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

The Good Life said...

Kelly, don't stress about the c-section. Paige didn't want to come out and my options were either try another 12 hrs of labor and risk stress and possibly an emergency c-section or opt for it before complications. I can't compare recovery because I don't know any different, but I was fine. Good luck with everything! Post pictures asap!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

A scheduled C-section isn't so bad! I have had a vaginal birth, an emergency c section after HOURS of labor, and a scheduled C-section. I definately prefer the scheduled c-section. The recovery is a bit longer, but you will be suprised how good you feel so soon! Keep us posted.
We will be in Denver on friday, if you have some time let me know...maybe we can get together!

nathan said...

oh boy! what a big decision. I hope it all goes well, we are excited to see her- one the blog of course! good luck! and we will pray for her to turn :)

Julie and Kyle said...

i have c-sections and i LOVE them. seriously... dont panic. its not as awful as everyone says it is. after 2 weeks, you'll feel like a gem! miss you, good luck!!!

Miller Family said...

I'm SO excited that she is almost here! Whatever you guys decide will be fine. It is good that you feel really comfortable with your Dr, that is important. Uh I can hardly wait to see pics and to meet her in real life, oh and to hear what you guys chose for a name, basically I'm just excited.

Amy said...

Wow that's soon! How exciting! What's her name??????

Sara said...

I hope she decides to turn. I would be scared of a c-section. I hope things work out. I'm excited to see what she looks like! I wonder if she will look like Elle. The name your mom probably told you (Hazel?) is the name I love but Tyson hates it so it probably won't happen. For Christmas my mom gave me some clothes for her and put "Hazel" on the tag of the gift. It was pretty funny. I hope you're doing great. You need to post some pics of you and your belly!

niki said...

you will do great, no matter what! My C-section was a surprise after lots of labor, but it is not as bad as everyone says! Try to stay in the hospital as long as possible and that will speed the healing. You are strong and will do great! So excited for another cute Evers girl!

The Bradford's said...

I am so excited for you to have your baby! Yeah! SO what's going on, are you moving here or what? What is your cell I lost your number. We are feeling tons better. But now I have a bladder infection and am DYING! Hope all is well.

Maegan said...

Kelly,
Just a little nurse advice. I would do the c-section unless she changes position, but I definitely would NOT do a version, where they try to push on your stomach and move the baby. It is very dangerous because the placenta could be pulled away from your uterus and it hardly ever works. C-sections are not so bad, just make sure you get up and moving after the surgery asap and you will feel much better. The sooner you move and start walking, the better you will feel.