Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Finally an Update

So here we are in Arizona. We have been here for a little over a month now and I think everyone in my family is loving it. We are for sure missing many of our friends and family, but are so excited to be moving forward with life. It is crazy how much time and energy moving takes. So I know there has been a serious lack of posts these days, but I really dont have a lot of new things to share.
Jeff is loving "preschool!" He is doing a fantastic job so far! He has a test every Monday, which makes for a not so fun weekend! He is making friends at school and is very popular-haha just kidding. He is truly enjoying it so far and knows this is what he is supposed to be doing!
Miss Elle is still living in her world of pretend. It is dress up time from sun up to sun down. We thought we had left her imaginary friend, Morton, in Colorado but apparently he followed us:) She is making lots of new friends and seems to be adjusting really well. She is starting pre school in a couple of weeks and is so excited!
Laney is crawling officially. Her and Elle are having lots of fun together now that she is more mobile. She thinks Elle is like the funniest thing ever. She is also teething right now and having a REALLY hard time. Poor thing!
As for me, I am still working on getting organized. I am really liking it here too, although I miss my family and friends so much sometimes! I am loving our house and all of the space! Our ward has been really welcoming, oh and Jeff and I are now CTR 5A teachers. Did I mention that there are 4 nurseries and 3 of every other primary class. NUTS! The kids way out number the adults in the ward! Well that is about it. Hopefully now that I am feeling more settled I will be back with lots more posts soon! I have not even finished June yet! So yes stay tuned for some house pictures and our fun vacation to CA.

Elle and Laney got their cute little ears pierced. Despite a few tears that subsided in about 30 seconds it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. They both look so cute with their little earrings! I am hoping this will help avoid any confusion as to my sweet babies gender!



Laney 6 months





Laney LOVES Yoga, here she is in downward dog, her pose of choice

Elle's little friend we found in the laundry room...argh

my new hobby


11 comments:

Miller Family said...

I love all the pictures!! I love little babies with their ears pierced, it is so cute. Oh and can you forgive me for being the worst friend. You called me the other day when I was working and then Letty was in town, so I am really sorry. Anyway, I can't wait to see more updates.

Stacey said...

Well, I don't love the 3rd picture of poor little 'Elle'! And... I imagine there is one of 'Laney Bug' that looks just the same, but is not posted. Poor girls!!

I do think every other pic is adorable and the vido of Laney crawling is priceless! Give them Hugs and kisses from Grandma (and spank there Mommy for me)!

Sara said...

I'm glad to finally hear how you guys are doing! I've been hanging out with Lindsay here in Provo and wishing you guys still lived here!! So Makayla has the pink with red polka dots outfit and the white with blue polka dots dresses! I love them! :) Your girls are so cute! I've been wanting to get Makayla's ears pierced too. Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as you thought! I miss you tons, cuz! Love ya!

Amy said...

I totally want to pierce Bella's ears and Thomas wants it even more. I think its SO cute. I love Laney's blue dot outfit ;) too cute. Maybe we can come visit you sometime! Oh and holy crap there are a lot of kids in your ward.

Sarah McK said...

Oh my word, Callum does the "downward dog" too and it cracks me up. So glad you're doing well!

Taylor Family said...

So good to hear from you! It sounds like you guys are adjusting well down there. We miss you like crazy but are so happy everything has turned out the way it has. The girls are adorable as usual. That's awesome Laney's crawling!

JR and Brynn said...

Love the peirced ears. So glad all is well and busy in Arizona for you guys. I am so happy for the update. I miss you guys so much, but I feel like we stay close through our blogs. :) By the way, you can't move away from imaginary friends, silly!

Jess said...

Hey- kel- Love the new post. Sad little pic of elle with her "hurty" ears. So cute though. Hope your doing ok. I miss your cute litte face. I did get your message.Call ya soon... We'll catch up!

Anna said...

Mean mommie....
I do however think I have the two cutest nieces in the entire world

Gale Family said...

You did it! Super cute. So I was looking at Dennys blog and saw your guys name so I decided to check you out. Glad you guys live in Arizona by us.

Des said...

ok Kell- I WANT to get Syds ears peirced SOOOOOOO bad. I even posted about it on my blog- a while ago. I wanted to know the best everything-- where to get it done, kind of gold....and of course how your little girl did taking care of them. Will you tell me how Elle does? How are her ears doing? what about taking care of them and infections? I SO want to get Syd's done. if she can't have hair, why not earrings. haha. oh how did Jeff feel about it? Nate is so against it. like I care though- right? haha.