Saturday, September 29, 2007

Columbine Lake Hike

For those that know me this post may come as a shock to you. Yes, I did go on this hike, and completed the entire 9-10 miles. It was horrible in so many ways! My feet, legs, back-well everything hurt. Not to mention it was 39 degrees and hiking is pretty much the worst thing ever to me! I am just hoping I burned enough calories to last me the week! This was also an optional hike, not everyone who came up went, in fact most did not go! However, I am happy I went! My moms good friend Linda has a beautiful cabin just past Winterpark and we were able to go up there for the night with some very amazing women from my new ward. I had a great time and was glad to spend some time with my mom and get to know everyone better! Three of the women who went (Carol, Laurie, and Carol) are story tellers, what a neat talent, I am so envious and last night we got to be entertained by some terrific fables. Oh and I have to explain the last picture. On the way down, we met these men who were hiking up for a Mountain Man rendezvous. I had to get a picture, his name was Red Tail, but I think he looks just like Santa. This way, when Elle questions Santa's existence I can pull out this picture and say, "look, I met him!" Doesn't he look like the real deal? Anyway, what a fantastic over nighter, I am loving my new ward. PS I STILL HATE HIKING!
Me, Linda, Carol, Laurie, Carol

Mom and me

Yes, we hiked to the snow!!!

7 comments:

Sonnie and Ryan said...

Wow, that's quite a hike!! Way to go!
Don't you love the littleton 2nd ward??

Taryn said...

Kelly, you still look so cute even when you're out hiking! I love the picture of "Santa Claus."

Ginny Lubin Butler said...

Dang, that mountain man is the real deal; we don't have those in the South!

Lance and Becky said...

Wow, you go girl! What a cool hike, it looks like it was so pretty! How cool, I wish I was there to do hike it with you!

The Richards in Canada said...

Crap I just left a comment and it didn't work!!! Annoying...anyways, no trips to Utah we were planning to go to a mission reunion this Friday but my sister is going through the temple that day so that cancelled that. SO maybe in the spring...how about you??
I'm actually heading down to Vegas in a couple weeks for 4 days. No Sam no kids! Should be fun!

Kayce said...

Hello?!? You LOVE hiking! Remember the 4th year hike? I know that was the best week of your life, and yes it was me that called you. I thought I had left my name, but oh well. I was pretty busy this weekend, but I'll actually be back in a few weeks so maybe we can get something together then.

nathan said...

So I looked at this post a long time ago- and thought that I had posted a comment...how could I not- that guy is hilarious!!!! got a kick out of him. Thanks for the comment you just left! We miss you too! I'll write you an email about next weekend when you are coming!!
ps- I'm with you all the way...hiking is the worst!