Friday, February 15, 2008

Official Valentines Day

We had such a fun Valentines Day yesterday! I have to start off with how adorable Jeff is. Jeff came home from work yesterday with flowers for me, but he also bought Elle a flower. He is such a cute dad to her and she loves him so much! It is kind of a funny story, she was totally fine with her little carnation until she saw my flowers. She broke her flower in half, and had a death grip on mine. She still is not feeling up to par, so I think this is the reason for her little unjustified tantrums these days. Jeff's comment was, "I guess she already knows that carnations are cheap :)." Anyway, it was very cute that Jeff thought of both of us this Valentines Day, we are both so lucky to have such a thoughtful husband/dad! Elle and I had a fun day making mini cherry cheesecakes with my mom and getting Valentines Day dinner ready. We brought cheesecakes into Jeff's work and then decorated his car with hearts and kisses. We also went to the middle school to decorate my sisters locker. It was a great day, I love Valentines Day!



Here is the recipe for these mini cheesecakes-they were a hit!

2 (8oz) pkgs. of cream cheese
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c. sugar
18 vanilla wafers
1 can (21 oz) fruit pie filling
Beat together eggs, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Putt 18 cupcake liners in muffin tins and a vanilla wafer in each cup. pour batter into each cup, about 3/4 way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min. Let cool and put on fruit topping. Served best cold!

11 comments:

Taryn said...

I love that Jeff brought Elle a flower too-that's so sweet! Looks like you guys had a fun V-day!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

That is very sweet!! see you guys this weekend!

Miller Family said...

So cute!! Kel you look soooo skinny. I am really jealous about now since no matter what I eat I get fatter. Oh well I guess it is for a good cause :)

Chad & Amie said...

are you living in colorado again?

McIver

The Evers said...

Hi Amie! I dont know if you will check this, but yes. We moved back in August. I cant get on to your blog to leave you any comments. I would love to catch up here is my email
kellygraceevers@gmail.com

JR and Brynn said...

Oh, That is so sweet of Jeff. He is so thoughtful. You are super cute, too, Kelly to decorate his car and all. How fun are you? I wish we lived close b/c I would come and help you decorate. I love holidays!

nathan said...

The melting pot! oh man... you guys are really cute! oh I was going to say exactly was Ginny said- you look super tiny in that picture. I'll try to put something up for the blog soon. (I don't have many people checking like yours too) Our V day sucked... and Ive been sick sick sick- so nothing is happening.
oh tantrums- syd isn't even very sick (just runny nose stuff) and she does the stupid tantrums over nothing. I think life as a two year old is just hard.

nathan said...

The melting pot! oh man... you guys are really cute! oh I was going to say exactly was Ginny said- you look super tiny in that picture. I'll try to put something up for the blog soon. (I don't have many people checking like yours too) Our V day sucked... and Ive been sick sick sick- so nothing is happening.
oh tantrums- syd isn't even very sick (just runny nose stuff) and she does the stupid tantrums over nothing. I think life as a two year old is just hard.

Lance and Becky said...

Can I just say how good those look! MMMM, if you lived close I would so barg in and steal one of those babies! Love the pictures, glad you guys had a great day!

Greene Family said...

Kelly you are so cute, I am so in shock at all that you do, I can bearly keep up these days it seems! Speaking of that guess what, I am having another baby!

The Carlson Crew said...

Yea, what a good guy! We miss you guys, even though we live so stinking close now. We need to get together! I'll give you a call this week. I hope things are going well for you!