Tuesday, April 22, 2008

We've Hit a Milestone

I would like to introduce you to the newest member of the potty trained club. It is amazing how one day things just click and make sense in their little minds! Elle got up today, said "I potty mommy." I thought oh that would be too good to be true, but low and behold she has gone potty 5 times today with no accidents. Today was a good day! Any potty training tips or advice welcome!

16 comments:

Betsy said...

That is fabulous! It is such a wonderful new world with no more diapers! Consistency is key...just stick to it-no more diapers! And there will be accidents to clean up but that is all part of the learning process.

k.young said...

YAY! I am sure that is a milestone. I don't look forward to the potty training days. I just look forward to not having to change diapers anymore :) That must be nice.

Jen and Joe. said...

so. jealous. so.so.so.so. jealous.

Miller Family said...

Good job Elle!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

Hooray for Elle, she is growing up all over the place! By the way, How is she liking her crib tent? I bet she feels so proud using the potty! Yeah, the novelty will wear off and she will probably have some accidents here and there, but sounds like she's about there!
Is her poor little eye still black?

JR and Brynn said...

Yay! I am so proud of you, Elle. You are a star! Great day for you parents, eh? I am happy for you.

Taylor Family said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Sassy Rachel said...

Congrats! Quite an accomplishment! She is adorable:)

Sassy Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan and Ashley said...

Hey Kel! That is so awesome, congrats to sweet little Elle! What a big step! We miss you guys and hope you are doing good! Elle is growing up so much, I can't believe it! She is such a little girl I just can't get over her beautiful curls! Looks like you guys had so much fun with Millers a couple weeks ago--how fun! Oh and I hope so much you are feeling better!!!! Everything turn out okay?

Lance and Becky said...

YAY for Elle! Congrats! So happy for the 3 of you! I'm not going to attempt with Lance until he's almost 3 (he's tooooo busy) and he doesn't really care right now, it's funny! Way to go Elle!

The Carlson Crew said...

Hooray! Elle is such a quick learner. Good luck Wednesday...keep us posted! Love you guys

Kelly said...

That is amazing!! I tried to potty train Kylee a few weeks ago and it didn't go so well! I don't think she was quite ready. When I bribed her with candy she would go but other than that she just didn't care. So that is great with Elle. I heard to never use pull-ups...only at night... because it confuses them. Other than that she sounds like she is on the right track. Maybe she can give some tips to Kylee

Court and Britt said...

Congrats!! I hope that potty training goes well for you!! It is SOOOO nice when you get them out of diapers.

Jen said...

Yeah Elle!

I was cracking up at your Tag. I don't know why, but "giving better Christmas presents" just made me laugh.

Email me at jenniferwinder@gmail.com so I can add you to my "private" blog....urrr!

Dan and Ashley said...

Hey kelly! Saw your comment on our blog and thought I'd let you know I got the swimsuit at Layers Clothing. They have lots of super cute suits and even though I got my a couple years ago I know they have really cute ones this season too! Check it out online! Hope you are doing great!