Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Post For Grandma

I wanted to do a little summer update on Elle since I have been seriously slacking with the blogging stuff lately. I feel so lucky that she has been a fantastic toddler, although I think that is my reward for having to deal with such a hard baby- that did not sleep through the night until she was almost two!!! Anyway, she has had a kind of uneventful summer thanks to me being sick for the whole thing. She has just started swimming and is starting a ballet class soon. Once the baby is here I have also signed her and Jeff up for a gymnastics class. Hopefully I can find some things to do to keep her busy. She is so fun and is constantly picking up new words, phrases and songs. A couple of weeks ago she had a dental and eye appointment. She loved all of the eye exam stuff and screamed bloody murder at the dentist. Even after the screaming, we got in the car to go home and she said, " I want to do dentist again mom." Not really sure what that was about, but I am glad she wants to go back. Oh and no cavities so that was nice! She has just recently started enjoying the Disney princess movies and when we take her swimming she says she is a beautiful mermaid and wants us to swim around life mermaids. I am loving all this pretending!

First Swimming Lesson-Starfish Class 08'



Elle wants to get ice cream every night!



Love this video!

2 comments:

Mari said...

She is soooo cute! I can't wait to see what your next girl is going to be like. I loved her rendition of Old MacDonald. It was awesome.

PJ Evers said...

That has to be one of the cutest versions of "Old McDonald" I've ever heard!!! I can hardly wait until she comes in October and Charlotte can teach her "I'm a Bubble". Maybe we can get them both to sing on video...
Love,
California Grandma