Our Hospital Stay
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
It's Official
Well it is official, our child has a name (see video below). Her birth was fantastic. I was a scheduled c-section on January 23rd at 9:30am. She officially came at 9:52am. The whole process was amazingly slick. No complications, I guess just the normal pain that comes with a cesarean delivery-no laughing, coughing, or hic-ups. She is doing great, so far a very easy baby who eats and poops with the best of em. We came home from the hospital tonight, and I have to say I have been slightly overwhelmed, but feel confident that I will adjust. I think it takes time to establish a routine and feel like you are being a good mom to all of your children, not just the one. It is such a great feeling to have two though. I already feel more like a family, and I love watching Elle love her little sister. Thanks to everyone who came to visit, and left sweet comments we feel lucky to have such support and wonderful friends and family! Love you!
Sorry this is dark and sideways! In case you can't see it her name is LANEY GRACE EVERS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
28 comments:
She is beautiful Kelly! I love her already! Can't wait to see her, and her name is beautiful too.
I'm glad you are feeling good!
She is DARLING! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name you chose. It is perfect!
And you look fantastic. How fun to have two! Good luck adjusting and I hope you heal up fast!
Baby Laney is ADORABLE!!! 'Course I'm slightly partial. You do look wonderful, Kelly. Glad you all are home safe and sound. Charlotte and I were cruising Target and she choose something pretty cute for her new cousin that has "buzzy bees" on it. I will send it ASAP.
Love,
California Grandma
...And we LOVE the name you chose too!
That is such a cute little video! And I love the name!! Hope you have a quick recovery!
Cute name! She is adorable!
I am so excited to hear that everything went so well! She is absolutely beautiful and I love the name, so original.
okay she is so cute!! and I really like the name Laney, so much so that we almost used it too! congrats again!!
She is SO cute!! And that little video of her and Elle is so precious. Elle is going to be the best big sister. I'm sure it will feel overwhelming at first, but you will get the hang of it quickly. I'll try to call you soon. I hope you continue to feel good, I can't wait to meet her!
Baby Laney Grace is just adorable and I love the way Elle says her name. She is going to be a great big sister. I'm sorry I haven't come to see you yet, but I will soon I promise (Kate and I now have pink eye)! I hope you are doing great and know that you are an amazing mother! Love you Kelly!
She is a DOLL!!! How are YOU?
She is so beautiful! Congrats on such an amazing week! Dental school and now little Laney! That is so awesome! The next few weeks will be a little weird but I promise it gets easier and easier. The hardest part for me was not being able to give as much attention as I would like and was use to giving to each child but everyone adjusts and it is so fun. Congrats again!
CONGRATS!! Baby Laney is a doll!! How fun to have TWO sweet little girls:) I have LOVED having 2 girls in a row, my girls have become best buds. Best of luck recovering, I hope you heal quickly and can start feeling like your self again soon:)
Congrats! She is beautiful! Cute name. I hope your recovery goes well.
BEAUTIFUL. ALL Of it. I Love the name so much. We have a little friend names laney- and I have LOVED her name since I met her- so I'm so glad that you guys have a laney too. someone I love!! And she is so gorgeous, I like those little pictures with the flower! congrats. I hope you feel well and continue to adjust smoothly. You are a awesome mom and woman- you will be the best ever. Those girls are so lucky.
yea! congrats on such a big and exciting week! congrats on the dental school acceptance and congrats on beautiful baby laney!
SHES CUUUUTE!! I love the name. is she jaundice or just all tan?
Congrats on the new cute little lady. I love her name. I think I voted for that one! Yea for getting into dental school. 4 yrs in AZ, you are lucky!
Call us!
She is just perfect! I love her name and her big sister is too cute! Congratulations!
She is cute kelly. Glad that your c-section went so well. Is Elle's middle name grace as well?
Hey Kelly- this is Tori (Welch). Cute, Cute kids. Congrates on the new baby and for your husband. My husband is going back to school too right now. Pretty Crazy. Well you look very happy. take care!!
Both of your girl's are beautiful, congratulations!
She is perfect! I love love love the video of Elle and Laney at the bottom, I think I watched it 30 times and showed everyone I work with. (they did not think it was as adorable as i did). Yesterday Elle sang me three songs on the phone, I was so excited she talked to me I was in tears :) I can not get enought of her little voice and I can not wait to meet Laney. XOXOXO
Love the name you guys! So glad everything is going great...I feel the same way, except with an emotional break down here and there :) What do ya do:) She is beautiful, and looks so much like little Elle! She's just darling!
That was my vote for her name!! I am so happy you chose that name. It is so perfect for her. I love her so much. She is so gorgeous and Elle is the cutest older sissy ever!! Congrats, you guys.
Elle can't be any cuter saying her name. I am so glad things went well. I love the feel of a newborn in the house. My doc told me something that I liked. She said your newborn isn't going to remember if you spend an extra minute with Elle. Elle needs attention right now and if the baby cries a little bit it is ok.
She is Beautiful! Congrats.
Ok, Kelly Grace, it is time to post some new pictures of Laney Grace for those of us who do not get to see her in person :( Elle too please. If you are not feeling well, maybe mom can do another post for you!
XOXOXO
Post a Comment