Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Poor Laney

It was a sad night last night as we took our little Laney to Childrens Hospital. She has not been feeling great for about a week. We have taken her into the doctor twice and then last night her cough got to be so scary her doctor thought we ought to bring her to the hospital. We spent the night there last night so the doctors could monitor her oxygen levels. She was not able to keep them high enough on her own. Instead of keeping us there another night they let us come home with the oxygen tank. I am so grateful they let us come home. So this is our poor sad girl. She is doing much better now that she is on the oxygen so hopefully from here on out she will keep getting better. She was such a trooper!


Laney back at home today

20 comments:

Jen said...

That is so scary. We've had our fair share of hospital runs with Jacob. It can be really scary. I'm glad she is doing alright and is allowed to be at home with you :)

The Bradford's said...

Oh I am so sad for her. That is not easy to have a sick baby and then deal with another toddler. Crazy! I am getting more and more excited for you to come here. Yeah.

Miller Family said...

That is so sad! Poor baby. She looks dang cute with her little oxygen tubes though. Give her a little kiss for me, and keep us posted.

k.young said...

That is so scary for you guys! Do they have any idea what is causing her to be so sick? I am glad you guys got to come home.
Good luck with everything.

Amy Marie Gessel said...

How scary!!! Poor thing:( I love the second picture down. What a trooper. Hope she gets better soon.

The Good Life said...

I am so glad she is ok. She does look cute with her tubes. I hope she recovers soon! You guys sound like you are doing so great with two. I hope you are all adjusting well. Get better soon little laney!

The Carlson Crew said...

WOW! What a trooper you and Laney both are. Good luck with the rest of the week, hope they can get Laney's oxygen levels up soon. Let us know if we can do anything to help. We've got a LOT of bulb suctions and saline drops :) Love you guys!

Maegan said...

Did she has RSV? It has been quite a season for that this year. I am sorry, but I am glad that she did not have to continue to stay in the hospital.

The1stdaughter said...

So scary! She is so sweet, I really hope she starts feeling better soon and that you guys get some rest because I'm sure you're beat. I will keep her in my prayers.

Des said...

Oh man. that would be really really scary for me. how are you doing? I bet a lot better now that she has been monitored and stuff huh. She is so beautiful- even with the mask on- great big eyes. How is she as a baby? A lot easier than Elle?
oh elle- LONG hair! so pretty too. cutest little girls you have.

The Hills... said...

Awe, poor thing. She's looking chubby and cute though!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

Kelly! That stinks! I hope she starts feeling better! She is so cute! Keep me posted on how she is doing! Elle's hair is so cute, and SO long!

Sara said...

Makayla has had a cold the last couple of days. I really hope we don't have to take a trip to the hospital. I hope she's feeling better soon.

Dana said...

What a trooper that little Laney is! I am so sorry you had to go to the hospital but am glad they were able to let you come back home. Let me know what I can do to help you - let's have Elle come over and play!

Taylors said...

So sad you guys had to go through that! Hope she gets better quickly!!

gollyjess said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet little Laney. I hope things clear up and all returns to normal. At least she knows how to relax in the bathtub!

Jill Walker said...

Oh, I am so sorry she is ill. I hope she does get feeling better soon.

Taylor Family said...

Poor Laney! I feel so bad for you guys! I'm glad you got to bring her home. Hopefully she gets better soon and can get off her oxygen even though she looks realy cute with it on!

Anna said...

my poor little princess. Is she off her oxygen yet? Time for a new post :)

jeff and jen said...

Yes I entered the blog world recently. Your poor little girl. . .but she is sooooooo cute. She has a little doll face.