Monday, May 24, 2010

Help from the BLOGOSPHERE

Friends, family, strangers (ok maybe not strangers).
Jeff and I can NOT agree on one single boy name!
We both have very different ideas of what our boy shall be called!
I want to hear boy names that you like and are willing to share!
If you come up with the one we can agree on, ill buy you something lovely!
Thats a promise!
Thank you!

26 comments:

Taylors said...

Yay for boys!!! I like the names Elijah and Aiden

Chad & Amie said...

Boy names were so Hard for Chad and I!! Of course I have a million girl names I like, but boys names are hard for me! I had to finally let Chad name our son since i could not make up my mind. Good luck!

Kayce said...

Melo

Cindy said...

Stacey did a sweet post on this a few months ago. I already called Dinero for our next boy. I believe Jermajesty, Ochocinco, Tyreke, and Jacquizz are still available. Good luck.

Sarah McK said...

Sorry, but I have to save all of mine just in case more male McKennas come along. :) Good luck!

Jen said...

I can definitely help here....boys names are tough. I read a book that had a chapter on the psycology behind naming a boy. Here's the deal. You want a boy to sound like a boy not a girl. Since girls are stealing boys names, the pool for boys names is shrinking. So you either choose a unisex name and people don't know if it's a boy or a girl (Riley, Logan(can you BELIVE girls are stealing this name too! NOT FAIR, Taylor, Jordan etc.) or you get over the fact that your boy is going to be one of many carrying the same name because there just aren't that many boy names to choose from (Michael, Jacob, Benjamin--lots from the bible, Connor, Brendan, etc). Either way, don't pick a pansy name, you don't want your boy to be made fun of. Choose a name that is recognizably a boys name. Names are important. Here is a list of MANY of the boys in my family, brothers, cousins, nephews. Hopefully one will stand out.

Samual, Benjamin, Nathaniel, Johnathan, Scott, Jason, Stephen, Eric, Ryan, Preston, Logan, Colton, Maxwel, Crawford, Easton, Dylan, Hollis, Rawlin, Jack, Henry, Levi,Daniel, Jacob, Alex, Sawyer, Cameron, Brenden, Joshua, Shawn, Aaron, Travis, Wayde, David, Derek, Jeremy, Joseph etc etc.

I hope this helps :)

Kleinmans said...

I really love Ben's name. Its my fave! I also like Brody, Cody, Cameron (Cam for short), Hank, Henry, LeRoy (okay, just kidding about that one!) Good luck. I swear boy names are the hardest!

Stacey said...

Julysses is still available on my list... Sorry I have no good suggestions for you. Trevor was hard enough to come up with.

Taryn said...

Well first of all...congratulations! I think you got the ideal order of kids going here-two older girls close in age to play/share stuff...then you now will have a boy-just perfect. I bet it will be nice to have two little "mommies" to help out too :)

Boy names I like...Camden, Connor, and Jack.

Anson Gessel Pho+ography said...

Conley, Ashton, Carson, Wyatt, Dalton, Anson.
Good luck! I'm just thrilled you are having a boy!!! SO FUN!


Love ya, AMY

Julie and Kyle said...

maddox

Stacey said...

I texted you my most recent fav. I'm sticking with that one for today! Don't forget it, though because I want the prize!!!!!!!

Stacey said...

P.S. I like ALL of Cindy's choice's! Any of those would do!

Samantha said...

Hi Kelly, I am so excited for you that you are having a boy! We are too and are due on September 12th. I like Xander Michael and haven't been able to get past that name so I think that is what we are sticking with, good luck though. I totally agree that boys names are hard, I have a gezillian girls names!

Brittany said...

Quinn? Come on! We are in different wards now. You know you like it! Do it!! Noah? Carter? Logan? Gavin? Camden? Colson? Rylan? Chandler? lol....pick one of those. I want you to buy me something lovely. j/k

PJ Evers said...

I choose "Jeff" because I imagined hearing that name over the loudspeaker at all the sports he might play. Good thing 'cause I heard "Jeff Evers" a lot for basketball and volleyball and I loved hearing it everytime!

CA Grandma

Amy Marie Gessel said...

Blake, Luke, Sawyer, Porter!

I also think Jeff would be cute.

Sarah McK said...

I actually do have one piece of advice. I'm not giving you my name ideas, but the way we found Callum's name is by looking online for Irish names since Logan has Irish ancestors. So you could pick one of your prominent ancestries and look for names online from that country.

nicole berkey said...

congrats on the coming baby! good luck with the names- we had a hard time too. jorgen and lars were both decided as we filled out as they kicked us out of the hospital- gunnar was the only one that we actually planned out. enjoy it though- its the best, right!
give me a call so we can hang out!

Marie HMJ said...

Everyone hates my boy names. Maybe thats why theyre sending me girls. :)
Soren, Calecott ("cal") Rudyard (as in kipling, "Rud") Soren, Asher, German, I also like Cohen and Silas (Si), which have recently been used by friends of mine. If you want to get really historical, I think Hyrum is nice, but could never use it bc its just so obvious. Yeah. just totally unusable. Darren was a cutie in high school. My sister just used Adam. hmmm.hmmm. what about a maiden name. Ill think more and return. names are a scary business

Des said...

I really liked some of the names Nicole Drysdale had on her blog recently, she had a long list, check hers :)

JR and Brynn said...

I am so happy you guys are having a boy!! That is awesome. He will be so loved! Boys are stinking fun!! I love Lincoln, Keegan, Creighton (Crayton), Porter, and my favorite...Grant.All of which my husband vetoed. Good luck! So excited for you.

TR said...

My two favorites are Jackson (Jax or Jack for short) and William (nickname Liam). I also love Noah and Calvin but we can't use Noah with our last name!

Kim said...

Dutch

Nicole said...

Kelly!!!
Congrats on baby #3 and a BOY! SO fun. I'm probably biased but seriously, boys are awesome!! Okay. Names. We have a SERIOUSLY ridiculous hard time choosing boys names. I like ones that are a little different, Jeff likes more traditional. We'll see what we end up with. And if our boys end up with the same name, well, then it must be a good one.
Here are some that are in the running for us:

Griffin, Ryder, Canon, Ender, River, Rainer, Ronan, Rowan, Ridge, Maddox, Madsen, Teague, Cruise, Asher, Jett, Gage, Hunter, Tallan, Creed, Sawyer, and Luke.

We also had this issue when naming Tave, so here's the blog post where I did a contest: http://jndrysdale.blogspot.com/2008/03/drysdale-baby-contest.html

lots of people posted ideas in the comments. you have to highlight it to see them since at that time my font was white. sorry!
Good luck!! I'm super super excited for you!

Zappe Family said...

How about: Zappe, Zaaron, or Mitchell? :) Just kidding...congrats on having a boy! We're due not far after you with a boy too!