Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Aloha Friends

The whole Evers crew just took a fantastic vacation to Maui last week and had a BLAST! It was some hard work getting all of the kids to sit for the plane ride over, but totally worth it in the end! This trip was much different then other trips we have taken accommodating 3 babies and their crazy schedules and time changes. We have done a ton of Maui sight seeing and touristy things in past trips, this trip we did a lot of hanging out at the pool, eating, and shopping! Three of my favorite things! Here is an attempt at a family photo, with a little cropping I think it will be great!

A more realistic picture of us trying to get a family picture.

Elle was abel to venture out with her cousins and A Stacey and U Drew to do some big kid stuff. They went to the aquarium and from what I hear had a blast! Loving to see sharks and touch star fish.




I was so happy at both of my children's love for the water. Laney' s little swim tube has been the best buy of the summer so far. She is completely mobile on her own and so happy about her independence! Elle was quite the swimmer and LOVED the slides.




The newest Evers family fave was a shave ice shop called Local Boys in Lahaina. We made several appearances and Elle had her special spot to sit all picked out. I was not much of a shaved ice lover before this trip, but ended up LOVING it! Here is Elle with her bubble gum/chocolate concoction. Delish!






Elle was most impressed with a hula show that we saw while shopping at Whalers Village. She was really cute to watch try and copy their moves.





The nightly "sleepover" watching movies while the adults played cards and Settlers! A perfect end to a fabulous day!

Our last day in California we went to the lake that Jeff grew up on and the kids had so much fun playing. It is such a beautiful place and I think it was fun for Jeff to take his kids swimming where he grew up swimming.


9 comments:

Miller Family said...

What a fun trip!! I love the picture of Elle in yellow, she looks so grown up, I can't believe it. I wish I had seen more Kelly/baby pictures but I will forgive you. I'm sad we didn't to see you while you are in CA. Hopefully you will be back soon.

Miller Family said...

P.S. I want to pinch Laney's cute chubby thighs so bad!

The Thompson Family said...

Elle is a natural in that video! She sure can move those hips, I love it! Looks like you had a wonderful trip.

Cindy said...

I love the "realistic" family picture. That's what most of them looked like. My other favorite is Laney going down the slide. Elle has some sweet moves, too. She looks like a natural Polynesian hula dancer. Too cute!

Henricksen Family said...

Thanks for the post! I love the picture of Elle eating shaved ice with no top on. I wish that was me,well sort of. You look amazingly cute as always. I miss you guys so much already. Laney looks like she is having so much fun and she is becoming so independent by the looks of things. I hope you are feeling well and that your trip to HAWAII helped with your pregnancy, I'm jealouse can you tell. I hope you soaked up some sun for me. Some day we will have to take an Evers/ Henricksen family vacation together.

Anna said...

Oh how I love my little girls...these pictures got me so excited to go to Hawaii. I remember watching that hula show at Whalers every night while I folded t-shirts and the little hula girls would come in and help in between their dances!
Elle is quite the hula dancer, she could really move her hips!
I miss them. Thanks for the post :) You can send more pictures to my e-mail.

xoxox

Stacey said...

Awesome post! We had such a fantastic time with you hear and miss you guys already... Charlotte has asked several times, "Is Elle coming today?" And when I tell her no, she says, "Tomorrow?"

I need to get your pictures since you got lots of good ones that I didn't...

PJ Evers said...

Wonderful travel log, Kelly, with absolutely adorable pictures! One of my favorite sights was Elle dancing along with the Hawaiian dancers on stage. I will NEVER forget how precious that was! We miss you all so much!
Love,
Grandma Patti

Kleinmans said...

Glad you're back, but looks like a fun trip. I love all the pics, especially Elle eating shaved ice topless...now that's how you do summer!