Rays birth story is not anything too unusual or abnormal, he came into the world just like we thought he would. Jeff and I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 am and he was a scheduled c-section for 7:30 am.
We arrived at the hospital and the two hours that we had to wait seemed to fly by! I had been really anxious about my section this time but felt pretty calm-then. A woman in the room next to me had gone into labor and was screaming and crying. Jeff and I turned the TV down so we could listen to what she was saying-screaming. We laughed because with a c-secion you don't have to go through any of that. We were just sitting there watching the news.
We got all ready and wheeled back to the operating room. Jeff had to wait outside while I was given the spinal. I am not exactly sure what went wrong but I believe they attempted to give me one several times and I had some pretty awful pains and feelings like I was being shocked in my legs. They told me that it had to do with nerves and as long as the pains were going away I was fine. I shook really bad and the nurse had to put me in a bear hold to get me to be still so they could finish. Not the best experience ever. I cried though the surgery, not because I was emotional about the baby, I just felt anxious and was upset things had not gone very smoothly yet.
Jeff came in and within 10 min. he was born (7:43 am). The first thing I heard was the nurse saying how big he was, she was guessing over 9 lbs. and possibly 10 lbs (9lbs 13oz actually). Jeff and I both had put our guesses in. Jeff's was 8lbs and mine was 8lbs 7 oz. As soon as I felt the pressure of him come out I could not stop smiling as I realized everything was fine and I was not pregnant anymore! Jeff told me he had a lot of hair and looked perfect. Again my anxiety was calmed as I realized that I was going to love my little boy just as much as I loved my girls! I saw him briefly while my incision was being closed and was so excited and happy! I spent the next 4 hours in recovery watching him get his first bath and feeding him. I felt bad for my mom who was waiting outside the whole time. They would not let her come back where we were. At one point Jeff was able to wheel him out the doors so she could see him, but she could not pick him up. It was kind of sad for her. Then we got to our room and that was that!
He has been such a great baby so far. He is a great eater and sleeper and both Laney and Elle seem to be doing really well with him. I feel so blessed to have him and that he is part of our family! He is a very loved little guy all ready!
Oh, and some people have wondered about his name. Ray is Jeff's grandpa's middle name on his mother's side, but he went by Ray, and my family has kind of a tradition of giving the boys of the family a name that starts with the letter R (Russ, Ross, Reed, Ryder...), plus we just plain liked the name. Elo, is my mothers maiden name and my grandparents last name who I love so much! And obviously Evers is the last name he gets to keep forever. So he really has three family names! Jeff was the only hope for the Evers name because he only has sisters and girl cousins, so he was really glad he did his part to pass it along! I am excited that he has these names and hope that one day he will love it and love being named after all of these incredible people.
Leaving the hospital still 8 1/2 months pregnant-huh?!?
8 comments:
Why did you have to get a c-section? I bet my nerves would be making me shake super bad too. Well I'm glad he's finally here and he's being a good little boy for you. Congrats again!!
Yay for Ray!! I'm so glad everything went well. And I know that relieved feeling of not being pregnant anymore, oh man. It is sad how pregnant we still look leaving the hospital. I was a little more prepared this time but with Ollie it was truly depressing.
Hooray for more pictures!!! He is such a cute little guy. Love the pics of him with his sisters. and the before and after shots of you too. haha priceless. :D
Love it! Congrats again!!!
He's sweet! Can't believe you have a boy! Definitely will be a change from pink and princesses! :) You are a hot babe!
Oh, I love those pictures! I can't wait to come see you guys and hold Baby Ray in a few weeks!
Oh Kelly, I love you. You make me laugh so much! I'm so glad everything went well. Ray is so dang cute! Can't wait to meet him. Are you guys coming to CO for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year?
Kelly, you are so funny. 8 1/2 months pregnant. Isn't that the worst, the baby comes out but nothing comes off the body. Oh well, we all go through it and I love how you make it funny. Congrats!
Post a Comment