Sunday, February 13, 2011

Barbie Party

My baby girl turned 5 on Friday. It is so hard to believe and time is really going by way to fast. Both Jeff and I adore this special little child that we have been blessed with. She is one of the most thoughtful and kind children I know (of course she has her moments). She is a love to her little sister and brother. Laney is constantly swinging at her and I have never seen Elle even get upset back. Laney copies everything Elle does and wants everything Elle has. She shares her most favorite things with Laney with little to no argument. Elle loves Ray and and is such a help with him. She runs errands all day getting diapers, wipes and burp cloths. She sings him songs and loves to get him to giggle. I don't usually brag too much about my kids, but Elle is truly a special little girl and I love her more then I could ever put into words.

Here are some things that Elle loves at age 5

singing
tumbling
dancing
playing with barbies
her cousin Charlotte
drawing pictures
painting
helping cook
making beds
playing with her many cute friends
Miss Buffie's pre-school
clothes
soccer and most sports she is learning from dad
being a CTR
using her imagination


And now for the party... I had so much fun! Dont know if the girls did, but I sure did! This was my first attempt at using fondant. Hard work, but fun! I did not measure quite right so Barbie lost her legs-sorry barbie :)















GLITTER TOES















PIN THE BOW ON BARBIE






Oh my word Kayla pinned the bow perfectly, no confusion at all.... :)



Ray of course!


PINATA FUN


















Our most special guests! Elle's great grandma and grandpa-my grandparents



6 comments:

Des said...

Happy Birthday Elle! It's crazy thinking about how big she is and how much she has changed- I just remember her as a two year old and can't imagine. I wish I knew her now. It's so crazy we have these girls, BIG girls. She is Beautiful!!

PJ Evers said...

What a super fun party! Wish we were there...
Great job putting together a very memorable party, Kelly!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

You are a supermom!!! what a cute party!! Its crazy that she is 5 now!!

Stacey said...

Proud Mom! Proud Grandma! And...look at my darling parents! So happy they could be there and spend time with you and your sweet family for awhile!
Grandma Karen couldn't get over how fun and cute everything was. I'm sure Grandpa was thinking the same thing just couldn't put it into words! Ha Ha!
And...Ray looks so much like Laney in that pic.
OH, and did I mention adorable grandchildren? If I do say so myself!!

Haskett Family said...

looks like such a great party- lots of work for lots of fun- i'm sure she is glad she has a rockin awesome mom-- can i come next time?? I want my toes done and a barbie gift bag! kayla had tonz of fun- nice cake too!

Henricksen Family said...

Happy birthday Elle! You should put these pictures in frames in her room so if she is ever mad at you she can look at these and be reminded at what an amazing mom she has! Seriously I want a Barbie party. Good Job Kelly.