Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sesame Street Live and Trauma

Back in February I bought tickets to Sesame Street Live, kind of for Elles birthday and tonight it was finally here. Jeff and I think Elle really enjoyed herself. She was very intense about it for a while and kept saying loud bird mommy. I think she was startled by how loud it was. After a few minutes she calmed down and loved it. If you haven't noticed from the pictures Elle has had a pretty rough couple of days, I will explain in a minute. It was a very fun family outing, and I thought it was very clever and cute! Elle was very excited to get home and sleep with her little Elmo doll tonight. The whole way home she thanked Elmo. 




I am posting this picture, not because I think it is a great picture, but because I thought it kind of showed off her little accident. Up until yesterday I thought I had managed to escape my child getting in any serious accidents. She has never gashed her head open, slammed fingers in doors, nothing really except some minor bumps and bruises. I had prided myself on this and I guess I was taught a lesson. This happened in right in front of my face, and if anything I made it worse. So Elle was jumping on the bed, got a little too close for comfort, I freaked out that she was going to fall which scared her into falling. We have a railing thing around the bottom of the bed which she hit right at the top of, with her little nose. It bled for a while, stopped, and she seemed fine. I could tell she had kind of torn it a little, but it had stopped bleeding and I just figured everything was fine until she woke up from her nap with a pretty crooked looking nose. We wont know for three days if it is broken. They can not take x-rays until the swelling goes down. I am writing all of this, mostly for myself so I can remember one day, I know it is kind of lengthy. So pretty sad, huh?

11 comments:

Amy said...

Okay. First of all, Elle has the cutest shoes ever. Her outfit is adorable. Second of all, her poor little nose! I am so sorry that happened in front of you but, these things DO happen. Dont feel too bad. Third of all, I have not heard from you lately and Im not going to lie...Im a little upset!
:D love ya!

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

Kelly! That is so sad! And yes, things happen; I hope you don't feel bad at all. You have done a great job in going so long without anything major. And I LOVE the pictures of you and Gin, what babes!

k.young said...

That is so sad! It is hard to watch little ones get hurt! But she still looks adorable with her maybe broken nose.

The Carlson Crew said...

Make sure you blow up and frame that picture of you and Elle with the guitar...it's priceless! I'm sorry about poor Elle's nose...she is such a trooper. Let us know when you find out if it's broken. You guys must be so sick of doctors.

Sonnie and Ryan said...

Oh No!! Poor Elle!! Don't worry though, you are a great mom--you took her to see sesame street live--you can't get much better than that! Love ya!

The1stdaughter said...

That is the worst! I hate seeing Jace get hurt...you almost wish it was you instead of them. But the good thing is that she won't remember it because she is so little. I'm glad you guys had fun at Sesame Street Live, her reaction was probably the best!

Side note...the first week of May we will be driving through and staying in Denver for a night on our way back to Cali! We should get together!

Nicole said...

Oh! Poor thing. and Poor you! It's so horrible having things like that happen right in front of you. She is such a little trooper. I hope it's not broken!
Sesame street live looked like so much fun! She is just a doll...bruises and all.
and you look amazing Kelly!
The pics of you and the Millers are so fun!!

Kelly said...

Looks like Elle sure had a fun time!! That is so sad about her nose. I hope she is doing better! I hate when Kylee gets hurt:(

Maegan said...

Poor Elle, those battle wounds are pretty serious. I hope she is doing better soon!

Court and Britt said...

So sad about her little accident!! Your family outting looks fun though:)

Adam and Darcie said...

jeff, sweet sweatshirt! i have the same one in red. nor cal souvenirs...